2023 H.F. Helmholz Jr. Award
Minnesota Respiratory Care Foundation
Student Paper Competition
The Minnesota Respiratory Care Foundation (MRCF) and the Minnesota Society forRespiratory Care (MSRC) Student Affairs Committee are pleased to announce the Helmholtz Award to recognize superior student work in writing and research in Respiratory Care.
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Prize will be given as follows:
- 1st place $1000.00
- Each of the following schools that instruct Respiratory Care will be allowed to submit two student papers for consideration.
- Each Program Director may choose papers for submission based on the manuscript criteria that is establish for their program (ex. APA).
- Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria: originality of research or study design, manuscript readability, relevancy to current practice, citations are current, a credible resource and relevant to topic, clear conclusion/summary.
The awards will be announced and presented at the lunch business meeting of the North Region Respiratory Conference in April.
The following schools are eligible:
- St. Paul College/Concordia University
- University of Minnesota/Mayo Clinic
- St. Catherine University
- Northwest Technical College
- Lake Superior College
Please email application to: [email protected] by Friday, March 31, 2023
Winners will be notified and will be recognized and presented with the award during the lunch business meeting at the NRRCC meeting in April.
Please Note Application will only be accepted in Word format (no PDFs)
Current Award Winners
2015 – Amy Curnow – St. Paul College
2015 – Kristine Ryan-Zons – St. Paul College